August 1, 2004
- Virginia Cave Statistics for August 2004 - now 4200 caves in the state.
- The latest official cave numbers from the VSS database as of July 28, 2004.
January 15, 2004
- Karst Springs Photo Essay by Phil and Charlotte Lucas
- Interesting narrative and photographic tour of some of the karst springs in Virginia.
November 23, 2003
- Flooding Photos from the Burnsville Cove Area
- Heavy rains on November 2003 created some spectacular images in the Burnsville Cove region.
October 26, 2003
- Latest Virginia Cave Statistics for October 2003
- The official numbers from the VSS database.
February 1, 2003
- Cave Conservancy of the Virginias (CCV) Announces New Karst Preserve in Virginia
- The Powel Mountain Karst Preserve (PMKP) has been formed in Southwest Virginia to protect significant caves.
July 22, 2002
- Virginia Cave Statistics for July 2002
- The latest Virginia cave "numbers" from the VSS database.
April 14, 2002
- 4000+ Caves - A Virginia Caving Milestone
- A report by Dave Collings and Phil Lucas about how the VSS got to cave #4000.
April 3, 2002
- TNC Purchases 9000 Acres on Warm Springs Mountain.
- The Nature Conservancy takes ownership of ridgetop property in Bath and Alleghany counties.
March 3, 2002
- Some VSS Directors Get Together for a Caving Weekend.
- A slide show by Russ Carter about a 4-day caving weekend in SW Virginia.
February 3, 2002
- Highland County Survey Weekend Slide Show
- (Internal Link on VSS Web Site)
February 1, 2002
- Landmarks of American Nature Writing: includes Early Cave Reports from Virginia
- (Link to University of Virginia Library)